Role & Duties
Overview of the responsibilities, activities, and authorities for this position.
- Full stack software development for cloud-based software applications.
- Take direction from the lead application developer to build software to meet requirements and deliver timely, high quality output.
- Bring innovation and creative skills to the team to produce state of the art applications and systems.
- Work with software test to ensure that released products have open issues identified and corrected prior to release.
- Work with system architects, business users, and customers as necessary to refine product designs
Preferred skillsets needed to perform the duties position.
- API Development: Linux, Node.js, SQL or NoSQL, REST, JSON, XML, SOAP. - required
- Experience with HTML5 Web Sites and Applications – required
- Experience with constructing high quality User Interfaces and working with User Experience Guidelines
- Experience with template libraries – desired
- Structured Programming skills – understanding of and experience with complex object oriented design concepts and excellent software development practices - required
- Proven ability to design and build novel projects
- Experience with automated DevOps and rapid deployment production models - desired
- Good communication skills – required
- Good project and time management skills - required
Education & Experience
- BS Degree in engineering / computer science / math. Degree required, advanced degree desirable.
- 4+ years of development experience in application development
Key Performance Indicators
Three to five key measures used to evaluate performance and effectiveness in this position.
- Deliverables meet technical specifications.
- Accurately estimates effort and delivers products on time.
- Designs code with minimal bugs, and that is supportable and maintainable for themselves and others.
- Communicates well with other developers, QA, and support teams.
- Maintains good coding practices and properly uses repository tools.