SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
Reflect is a Richardson-based company that is making an impact in place-based digital media. We work with some of the biggest and best brands in the business. Our customers use digital signage systems to inform, entertain, and communicate with millions of people each month.
You’ll work with smart, fun, and hard-working folks in our Richardson office. Corporate culture is important to us! We’ve worked hard to build a community that rewards honesty, responsibility, humility, and a sense of humor.
As our Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, executing, documenting, and reporting on test cases and systems for digital media-based software products, interactive applications, and solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and running customized test cases for digital media and Windows application software. The candidate needs a proven ability to work in a dynamic team with multiple projects, and should be comfortable being creative to solve a variety of problems as they are presented.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
The ideal applicant can:
- Design and execute test plans and cases for large scale multi-component software products. Record test results against product requirements and properly document failures
- Design and execute ad-hoc test scenarios for customized software releases
- Verify that software complies with specified requirements and usability standards
- Document test results and report issues and progress. Evaluate complex system failures and isolate failure areas when possible.
- Work directly with developers to isolate root causes and resolve failures in complex software systems
- Maintain and update test lab and cloud environments as needed
- Develop systems for performance evaluation and optimization
- Evaluate, select, use, and maintain appropriate tools for testing
- Evaluate and modify edit documentation as needed.
The ideal candidate represents these six core values:
- Accountable – You value the ability of the organization to honor commitments—to clients and their teammates. You take ownership of work, and promptly correct your mistakes to the best possible extent.
- Creative Problem Solver - We are leaders in a young, but growing industry. In many cases, we are trailblazers. When conventional thinking fails, you want to be the first to provide fresh solutions.
- Helpful - You are stronger when you work with others. You help first, no matter what—whether it’s with your clients or teammates.
- Smart - Our clients expect us to be experts in a complex category. We look for/hire smart people and continue to develop them to be THE most skilled in the industry.
- Respectful - You value diversity and unique contributions. You foster a trusting, open and inclusive environment. You treat our clients, partners, and our team in a manner that reflects these values.
- Always Do the Right Thing - You will do what you say you will do. Your actions are guided by an effort to do the right thing. Your dealings with clients, co-workers, and partners will be conducted with honesty at all times.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of direct experience developing and executing software tests
- Must have direct responsibility for designing test cases, not just executing tests designed by others
- Proven ability to test at a system level, incorporating client and server components with individual and system-level test scenarios.
- Experience with testing Cloud-based Web Applications – UI, System Level, and API testing.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems and databases ((Win 8, Windows Server (2008/2012), MS SQL 2008+)
- Experience with Android is desirable
- Experience with AWS or Azure is desirable
- Experience with using and testing software APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly regarding documentation and communication of test scenarios and results
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience with using and maximizing features of defect tracking systems
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the header Software Test Engineer.
When you do so, please also include the following:
- Tell us why you would like to work with Reflect.
- Tell us why Reflect should hire you.
- Your resume along with three references.
Thank you for considering Reflect. We look forward to hearing from you!