FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Reflect is a Richardson-based company that is making an impact in place-based digital media. We work with some of the biggest and best brands in the business. Our customers use digital signage systems to inform, entertain, and communicate with millions of people each month.
You’ll work with smart, fun, and hard-working folks in a variety of locations. Corporate culture is important to us! We’ve worked hard to build a community that rewards honesty, responsibility, humility, and a sense of humor.
Overview of the responsibilities, activities, and authorities for this position:
- Full stack software development for cloud-based software applications.
- Design and construct software with documented source code that meets requirements and deliver timely, high quality output.
- Bring innovation and creative skills to the team to produce state of the art systems.
- Work with QA to ensure that released products are fully understood and have issues corrected prior to release.
- Work with system architects, business users, and customers as necessary to refine product designs.
- Design and implement custom features and modifications to existing production products as needed.
- Perform advanced, top tier diagnostic procedures for complex issues found in distributed cloud-based SaaS products.
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
Preferred skillsets needed to perform the duties position:
- Database: Advanced MongoDB design and use skills – required
- AWS Linux Server Skills for development and architecture: required
- API Development: Linux, Node.js, REST, JSON. - required
- Experience with HTML5 Web Sites and Applications – required
- Experience with template libraries – desired
- Structured Programming skills – understanding of and experience with complex object-oriented design concepts and excellent software development practices - required
- Proven ability to design and build reliable, stable applications at scale. Experience working with large scale, distributed systems is desired.
- Experience with automated DevOps and rapid deployment production models - required
- Good communication skills – required
- Good project and time management skills - required
The ideal candidate represents these six core values:
- Accountable – You value the ability of the organization to honor commitments—to clients and their teammates. You take ownership of work, and promptly correct your mistakes to the best possible extent.
- Creative Problem Solver - We are leaders in a young, but growing industry. In many cases, we are trailblazers. When conventional thinking fails, you want to be the first to provide fresh solutions.
- Helpful - You are stronger when you work with others. You help first, no matter what—whether it’s with your clients or teammates.
- Smart - Our clients expect us to be experts in a complex category. We look for/hire smart people and continue to develop them to be THE most skilled in the industry.
- Respectful - You value diversity and unique contributions. You foster a trusting, open and inclusive environment. You treat our clients, partners and our team in a manner that reflects these values.
- Always Do the Right Thing - You will do what you say you will do. Your actions are guided by an effort to do the right thing. Your dealings with clients, co-workers and partners will be conducted with honesty at all times.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in engineering / computer science / math. Degree required, advanced degree desirable.
- 6+ years of development experience
Three to Six key measures used to evaluate performance and effectiveness in this position
- Deliverables meet technical specifications and are high quality.
- Accurately estimates effort and delivers products on time.
- Designs code with minimal bugs, and that is supportable and maintainable.
- Designs and codes with a focus on reliability and good design practices.
- Communicates well with other developers, QA, product management, and support teams.
- Maintains good coding practices and properly uses product management and repository tools like Jira and Git.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the header Software Full Stack Developer.
Thank you for considering Reflect. We look forward to hearing from you!