The Ideal Applicant
The Director of Strategic Accounts plays an essential role in the success of Reflect and our clients. This role has primary responsibility revenue growth by ensuring continued success and renewals with existing clients, expanding these relationships into new markets or new solutions, and proactively seeking out and closing new business. In this role, the team member will 1) identify new business opportunities, 2) initiate, negotiate, and close new business, and 3) maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, 4) grow business with existing clients by developing and implement account plans that leverage Reflect to solutions to help them achieve their business objectives.
We are looking to hire an ideal candidate residing in Ohio, California, New York, Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX. Relocation is not available. For a new hire outside of the Dallas area, a willingness to work remotely is required.
Responsibilities & Duties
Core duties and responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following:
- Develop and execute account plans to maximize the value Reflect delivers to clients and ensure renewal of their existing Reflect solutions.
- Leverage the Reflect selling models, internal resources and your expertise to identify additional opportunities to serve existing clients and expand their spend with Reflect.
- Create and continuously build a pipeline of qualified opportunities.
- Nurture relationships with strategic partners to expand pipeline, including face-to-face meetings and Reflect overview presentations.
- Utilizing a consultative sales approach, identify and successfully convert new sales activities.
- Build strong relationships between our team and other teams within the company. Set a precedence for openness and vulnerability to help produce better collaboration.
- Provide internal teams including marketing, software development, and customer support with meaningful customer insights that help the company develop and deliver more compelling solutions.
- Travel as needed to build relationships, support other team members and try to generate business. Visit partners, prospects, team members and existing clients. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- Identify new ways to present digital programs to more effectively close new business.
- Review/Draft contracts, quotes, SOWs and RFP responses to ensure we are competitive while properly valuing the work we will deliver clients. Negotiate with clients as needed.
- Participate in team training and ongoing education; grow knowledge by participating in educational opportunities: reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enter all customer data and other sales data into Salesforce.
- Work with inside sales to ensure clients are provided with the highest possible level of pre-sales support so that this becomes a competitive advantage for Reflect.
Skills & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Motivated – Self-starter, requiring little supervision; follows sales plan and engages necessary resources to meet set goals.
- Interpersonal Skills – Has a positive outlook; takes responsibility; strong self-confidence; comfortable talking about money; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to other’ idea and tries new things; strong desire for success.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views: gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objective; supports everyone’s’ efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reason for decision, includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Empathy – Demonstrates exceptional empathy for clients and colleagues, which helps them build more authentic and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Curiosity – Has a genuine interest in developing a deep and broad understanding of clients and their business issues. Uses this knowledge to deliver dramatically more value.
- Sense of Urgency – Demonstrates a burning desire to identify and solve client’s problems now, recognizing that Reflect solutions cannot deliver value unless and until they are purchased and implemented.
- Servant Approach – Views selling as a service and sees this role as key to helping businesses make more informed, intelligent buying decisions. Differentiates herself from other sales people throughout the client engagement by delivering more value and expertise.
Education & Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 5+ years of proven success in outside sales, preferable in targeted Reflect markets such as Retail, Consumer Products, Entertainment, Financial Services, and Healthcare
- Experience in digital signage, store design, or agency environments a plus
- Passion for retail vertical, innovation, and digital technology
- Experience in crafting and leading presentations to senior team members including C-level executives
- Strong “hunter” mentality: ability to find and close new business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to maintain high travel schedule about 40-50%.
- Comfort in using of Microsoft Office and Salesforce
Thank you for considering Reflect. We look forward hearing from you!