Reflect wants you as a Software Product Project Manager.
The Software (Product) Project Manager (SPPM) is responsible for managing all aspects of planning and delivering diverse medium to high complexity IT projects. The SPPM role is to maximize penetration of existing and new products, understand and prioritize product and customer business requirements and align delivery to meet the business standards. The SPPM will demonstrate strong relationship management skills with internal and external teams related to the product and be able to handle challenging interpersonal situations. The SPPM will play an active role as a project manager in the context of running multiple concurrent projects. The SPPM is responsible for tracking and managing - planning, discovery, gathering and documenting requirements, defining MVP’s, documentation, QA, release plans and acts as a single accountable source for running concurrent projects. The SPPM Initiates and maintains cross functional relationships, while providing deep insights into account level policies, procedures, and protocols. The SPPM should have wide exposure to handling ambiguous situations including complex customer interactions and ability to drive through tough situations. The SPPM must be a driver, a facilitator, and a learner.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Together with the client, develop project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation
- Setup and manage project tracking tools such as Replicon for allocation of time to billable projects
- Proactively monitor the progress of projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion; tracking processes vary as projects could be fixed or time and materials
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables; anticipate and articulate project issues and risks, and continuously reports to the management team
- Communicate proactively with all internal and external personnel to identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
- Detect changes in scope and/or schedule within active projects, assess the impacts, and enforce change control procedures. Communicate the impact of change orders with sales and/or clients as appropriate.
- Actively collaborate with their software configuration, development, and QA peers throughout the project
- Drive strategic alignment of system specifications, associate requirements, and project schedules of technology services
- Collaborate with the IT project/development team on product requirements within negotiated scope
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in delivering solutions in a timely fashion and track team members work progress ensuring delivery commitments are achieved.
- Interface with executive team and influence decision-making, monitor slippage, gaps, risks or areas for innovation/acceleration and develop strategies to realign and navigate the team through internal governance of projects
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress and health of the project
- Review the progress of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards while ensuring that the project deliverables are on time, and within budget
- Travel: up to 50% of the time (this will vary throughout the year)
- Travel to Dallas, TX for trainings and important company meetings
- Utilize standard productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Project®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, SharePoint®, Trello®, Slack®, JIRA®) for project planning, control, communication and reporting
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear KPI’s, resolve timeline or productivity issues, and keep teams engaged and on task.
- Ideal Candidate should be: Patient, flexible, and have a “take charge” attitude with the ability to perform under pressure
- Previous experience in all phases of the development process (Requirements, Scope, Design/Plan, Develop, Test, and Customer Acceptance.)
- Must be able to articulate vision and customer needs and influence decision making outcomes with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and the customer
- Technical background in software development
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal
- Must work well under pressure while being flexible and willing to wear multiple hats
- Ideal candidate should be a result driven, energetic team-player, with a great attitude who can be seen as a leader and hold others accountable
- Work onsite from a client and/or partner location
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience along with a high-level technical acumen
- 6+ years of experience in Planning, Software Development Project Management and/or Product Development with a proven track record of successful project delivery
- Practical experience in related areas such as system design, hardware/software design, and custom applications
- Experience working on enterprise software implementation projects
- Project Management Certifications are a plus
- Any experience leading in an Agile environment a plus
Thank you for considering Reflect. We look forward hearing from you!